My Natal chart:
I plunged into astrology as early as 15 years of age. Ten years later, after numerous sketched charts, I began professional astrological consultations with clients.
In my practice, I adhere to the Natal astrology, or so called birth charts.
My Astrological Curriculum Vitae:
- Attended astrological school founded by Goran Milekić, a doyen of Serbian astrology.
- Was one of the founders and board members of the Balkan Astrological Association. Contributed in organizing the first international astrological conference held in Serbia. Nowadays, I don’t belong to any organization, federation or society. The statistics will tell us that on every ten individuals inspired by ideas and mission, there is one driven by the profit and selfish interests. Unfortunately, astrology is not immune to this, and my way of astro-being needs to stay removed – ethically and professionally – from such approach.
- Professional consultations with clients since 1999. In 2007 I developed an astrological course for beginners and wrote astrological articles for magazines and websites (Dolce Vita, Venčanje, Nova žena, Astrologus). Since 2008 I have served on the editorial board and written for the “lifestyle and mindstyle” magazine Sensa, published by Adria Media Serbia.
My dedication to astrology parallels my interests in psychology and psychotherapy. I attended a two-year course, Basic Gestalt Psychotherapy, as well as other educational and psychological workshops (Playback Theatre, Bodily Psichodrama). Currently, I am attending a course on Transactional Analysis at Psihopolis. I see psychotherapy as the most beautiful bridge and a perfect connection between parts of our psyche.
In addition, I would like to stress the following: My youth idealism led me to believe that astrologers can gain their status among the professions. At the same time, I was strongly critical of undeserved media promotion of astrology as sensationalism and charlatanism. I insisted that astrologers:
- be well-spoken and literate, know grammar and mechanics
- follow an ethical conduct in working with clients
- have solid education and wealth of information
- be interested or educated in the field of psychology; since this is a requirement in the humanistic professions, why it shouldn’t be in astrology?
- present themselves in media only through education – promoting their work by talking/lecturing/writing about astrology or astrological events. Media promotion via live broadcasting where astrologers offer quick tips to the public, degrade astrology into sensationalistic-entertaining puddle of shallowness.
My beliefs haven’t changed, but I’ve stopped fighting this battle, as I have realized it was purely quixotic.
Instead of a formal diploma – since in Serbia astrologers have neither their professional status established nor a possibility to attend astrological educational institutions – I have kept Goran’s note that gives me not only faith, but also responsibility to carry on his vision of me as an astrologer:
“To Sanja, with my faith in her wisdom, spirituality and mission; to one in whom it was never difficult to believe, for she is the embodiment of faith itself; to one bound to reach the heights of knowledge and dwell within; to one who is rare among my many disciples.” Goran Milekić, August 12, 2002, Belgrade, Serbia.